Report 2018-133 Recommendation 5 Responses
Report 2018-133: Fallen Leaf Lake Community Services District: Its Billing Practices and Small Electorate Jeopardize Its Ability to Provide Services (Release Date: July 2019)
Recommendation #5 To: Emergency Services, Office of
To ensure that local fire agencies receive proper reimbursement for responding to incidents for the remainder of the current fire agreement, Cal OES should recommend that as part of the negotiations process, the Agreement Committee implement the following for the remainder of the current agreement:
1) Require local fire agencies to submit documents showing approval by their governing bodies of the average actual salary rates included on the salary form that the local fire agencies submit to Cal OES.
2) Require local fire agencies to submit documentation to support their average actual salary rates.
3) Revise the salary form and reimbursement invoice form so that authorized representatives of local fire agencies sign them under penalty of perjury.
1-Year Agency Response
July 17, 2020 Update:
With the adoption of the new CFAA, Cal OES has determined that implementation of this recommendation is not necessary. Although during the CFAA negotiation period, we were able to mitigate any issues related to this recommendation.
- Completion Date: July 2020
- Response Date: July 2020
California State Auditor's Assessment of 1-Year Status: Resolved
We assessed this recommendation as having been resolved, as it pertained to a period that recently elapsed with the adoption of the new agreement.
6-Month Agency Response
The CFAA expired on December 31, 2019. An extension from January 1, 2020 to April 30, 2020 was signed by all parties.
The CFAA committee met on January 6, 2020 to begin renegotiations and will continue through the month of April. Cal OES staff informed the committee of the three CSA recommendations. The committee agreed to continue discussions regarding the recommendations and consider incorporating them into the existing CFAA.
- Estimated Completion Date: April 30, 2020
- Response Date: January 2020
California State Auditor's Assessment of 6-Month Status: Pending
60-Day Agency Response
Cal OES is currently working with our local government committee members to determine the list of priorities for the new CFAA agreement. Once consensus is made, a meeting with executives from USFS, Cal Fire, and Cal OES will be held. This will determine the next steps in the renegotiation process. When renegotiation meetings begin, Cal OES staff will inform the committee of the three CSA recommendations.
- Estimated Completion Date: December 31, 2019
- Response Date: September 2019
California State Auditor's Assessment of 60-Day Status: Pending
Agency responses received are posted verbatim.